Scott Heavner’s Ratings Plugin
I’ve been asked about using Scott Heavner’s ratings plugin (version 1.2), so here’s a little bit of information.
- Drop ratings.php into your plugins directory
- Grab the ‘progress.zip’ file (I’m guessing from Scott’s site). Put the ‘Progress’ directory into you wp-images directory
- Decide which ratings style you want and configure the plugin using the variables in ratings.php (I didn’t have much luck with this method so I hardcode the configuration in the file)
- Activate the plugin
- Decide where you want the ratings bars and edit your templates to include the following code:-
<?php rating_the_rating( ); ?>
- And then, to add a rating, simply add the ‘rating’ custom field to a post
Thats all the features of Scott’s plugin that I use. I have myself looked for updates and have been unable to find them.
I can’t be more specific because it’s a long time since I set it up.